Today, on the Bayou Blue Democrats Club podcast series, we are sharing a recording we made at our March 7th Club meeting, held the day after the 2018 Democratic primaries. We had special guest TSU Politics And Policy Professor Jay Aiyer join us to share his views and insights on the recent results and what it might mean for Houston and Democrats in the November General Election.
Please excuse the somewhat sub-standard sound quality, as we recorded in a large and noisy room, with many people participating and asking questions, as opposed to a more formal question and answer session in a controlled and quiet atmosphere.
In this episode, Professor Aiyer talks about the Blue Wave that has been anticipated and hoped for. Did it arrive, is it for real? Did the Democrats actually outvote the Republicans in this primary? And how many Democrats showed up this year, as compared to previous elections? Listen in and find out!
In This Episode:
- Did Beto underperform, and if so, why?
- How much money was spent in CD 07 compared to other districts?
- Who is better positioned to drive high turnout in the Democratic Governor’s race?
- What does turnout in the Democratic primary mean for the General Election turnout?
- How do the demographics compare between CD 07 and 02?
Mentioned In This Episode:
Party Politics Podcast: https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/shows/party-politics/
Houston Matters Podcast: https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/shows/houston-matters/
Jay Aiyer Twitter: https://twitter.com/profJKAiyer