Today, on the Bayou Blue Democrats Club podcast series, we’re talking with Tamara sell, a local activist and middle school learning specialist and local activist who helped organize Houston’s Women’s March and is very active with several other progressive and common sense organizations in town such as the Texas Chapter of Moms Demand Action and voter registration for the general public.
In this episode, Tamara talks about how she became inspired to help voters register, why she thinks voting is so important and what changes Harris County and Texas could realize if the percentage of eligible voters actually voting increased. For instance, Texas ranked second to last in the nation in voter turnout in 2016 with just over 50% of the eligible voting population showing up to vote!
In This Episode:
- Could Texas be a swing state?
- Learn how few people actually vote in a runoff election.
- Voter registration has a few obstacles in place that limit voter participation.
- Who is eligible to vote and does it cost any money?
- Are you allowed to take a print out of recommendations into the voting booth?
- Which is preferred, early voting or election day voting?
Mentioned In This Episode: