In this episode, the Democratic candidate for Texas Commissioner of Agriculture, Kim Olson, talks about the position she is running for, and why it is so important to our community and state to elect a true leader who can work with a wide variety of interest groups!
In addition, she breaks down some of the responsibilities the office holds and how many everyday decisions we may take for granted or don’t even think about are actually affected by the purse stings controlled by the Commissioner of Agriculture. Listen in and learn more, because we are all affected by this office!
In This Episode:
- Just how impressive is Kim’s resume of public service? Hint… very!
- How are school lunches and the Commissioner of Agriculture related?
- Who likes a good farmers market?
- Do food deserts exist only in big cities?
- Why would diversity matter when choosing which candidates to vote for?
- How big of an issue is agriculture in Texas?
Mentioned In This Episode: